Important: - A Program of Study is considered to be the period of English study (ELICOS) covered by an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment. For non-student visa holders, a Program of Study refers to the dates indicated on the letter of offer. A Program of Study may be for one or more study periods.
- All requests for refund must be made on the Change to Enrolment form.
- Refunds will not be granted after a Program of Study has commenced.
- A refund (if approved) will be paid within four weeks of receiving the written request from the student. The refund will be paid to the student unless the student gives written approval to pay another person.
- A full refund of tuition fees within 14 days of original commencement date of program will be made if a program is fully booked or cancelled by the University.
- A full refund will be provided within 28 days after written notification that the student is unable to obtain a student visa. Evidence in writing is required.
- If a student cancels their enrolment in a Program of Study more than 28 days before the program commencement date, GELI will refund 75% of the tuition fee paid less any fees and charges incurred.
- If a student cancels their enrolment in a Program of Study less than 28 days before the program commencement date, GELI will refund 50% of the tuition fee paid less any fees and charges incurred.
- The Enrolment Fee is non-refundable.
- This agreement and the student’s right to access Griffith’s internal appeal processes does not remove the right to take further action under Australia’s consumer protection laws.
- to abide by the regulations, conditions of admission and enrolment at Griffith University and Griffith English Language Institute (GELI).
- that I have read and understood the published program information applicable to the program/s and that I have sufficient information to accept my offer.
- to permit Griffith University to release my details to or obtain details from third parties as necessary in the usual course of university business, e.g. Australian government departments and OSHC provider.
- to permit Griffith University to release my final academic results to Queensland Institute of Business Technology (QIBT) if I am on a pathway to a QIBT program.
- that I am responsible for payment of all fees applicable to the program, including fee changes as I progress to other GELI programs that attract a different fee.
- that I have read and understood GELI’s Refund Policy, Transfer Policy and Leave of Absence Policy.
- to notify GELI if there is any change to the information I have given in this application.
I understand that:-
- Griffith University may vary or cancel any decision it makes, including cancelling my enrolment, if the information I have given is incorrect or incomplete.
- if I change my address/contact details I must notify GELI immediately.
- by providing my personal email address on the application form I am giving permission to GELI to use this to communicate with me on any matters relating to my application and enrolment at GELI.
- some programs require written proof of a pre-requisite level of English for entry.
- it is my responsibility to provide original documentary evidence of my current English language level (if required) or qualifications.
- if I have a current English Language Proficiency Test result (acceptable to GELI) I will be offered a place in a program based on this result.
- if I do not have a current English Language Proficiency Test result (acceptable to GELI) I will be tested on commencement of my program and placed in a class at the appropriate English language level.
- I must successfully complete all class work, assignments, activities and assessments in order to maintain satisfactory progress.
- my enrolment may be suspended or cancelled on the grounds of unsatisfactory academic performance, misconduct, or unsatisfactory attendance as well as non-payment of tuition fees.
- I must attend at least 80% of my Program of Study and that if I fail to do so I will be reported to the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC)
- if my enrolment is deferred, suspended or cancelled this may result in my Confirmation of Enrolment being cancelled and my student visa cancelled.
- I am fully responsible for my education and living expenses while studying at Griffith University.
- fees may increase and living expenses in Australia may be higher than in my home country. I confirm that I am liable to meet these costs and that neither Griffith University nor the Australian government is obliged or required to help me if I need financial assistance.
- if I have school-aged children who accompany me to Australia, I will be required to pay their compulsory school fees.
- the information provided by me may be made available to Commonwealth and State agencies and the ESOS Assurance Fund Manager, pursuant to obligations under the ESOS Act 2000 and the National Code.
- if sponsored, Griffith University is required to produce details of my progress to my sponsoring body on request.
- this agreement and my right to access Griffith’s internal appeal processes does not remove my right to take further action under Australia’s consumer protection laws.
- if I am under the age of 18 years, GELI may contact my parents/guardians if they are concerned for my welfare.
Risk, Notice and Indemnity Policy:-
- I understand by the nature of the activities* there is a risk that I could suffer injury or death and/or loss of or damage to my property when participating in an activity. I understand some of the activities are dangerous activities and that by participating in such activities I will be exposed to risks which include over exertion, dehydration, accidents with other participants and spectators, and accidents caused by my own actions. I acknowledge in some circumstances there may be no or inadequate facilities or equipment to provide assistance if I am injured.
- I acknowledge some activities will be conducted by Griffith and some activities will be conducted by organisations independent of Griffith.
- I acknowledge and agree that if I participate in an activity I do so voluntarily and at my own risk and I release and indemnify Griffith and its staff from any claims, causes of action of any nature whatsoever which may be made by me or on my behalf or made by other persons which are connected to or arise out of any injury, loss, damage or death caused to me or my property as a result of my participation in an activity whether due to negligence or breach of agreement or any other cause whatsoever.
- If I become aware at any time of any health condition or impairment or other reason which may cause me to suffer injury or death while participating in the activity I agree to withdraw from participating in the activity.
- I agree to give Griffith prior notice (if possible by the Thursday before the activity is due to commence), of any health or other reasons which may require Griffith to provide to me specific assistance or to meet special requirements (including special dietary requirements) with my participation in the activity.
- If I withdraw from an activity, I acknowledge a full refund will be given only if I notify Griffith in writing before 4.30pm on the Thursday before the activity is due to commence. An activity may be postponed by Griffith without a refund. However, if the activity is cancelled by Griffith a full refund will be given.
*All Cultural, Social, Sporting and other activities offered by Griffith which includes activities conducted by Griffith and external organisations whether conducted outdoors or indoors such as public festivals; private gatherings; physical contact and/or endurance sports such as soccer, surfing and ice skating; excursions such as overnight treks or whale watching; workshops; fundraisers and/or volunteering opportunities. A more detailed list of the type of activities which may be offered by Griffith is contained in the Orientation Pack which will be made available during Orientation.
Photo Release Policy:-
- I give permission to Griffith employees or Tour Operators working with Griffith to photograph me and use any image of me to promote Griffith and Griffith activities.
- I acknowledge that all right, title and interest in or relating to any image of me taken by or on behalf of Griffith, belongs to Griffith absolutely for its own use.
- I release Griffith from any claim by me, or on my behalf, arising out of Griffith use of any photograph of me.